Wednesday 4 May 2016

Work Based Learning

This Module has been the most valuable to me personally, it has allowed me to gain a Art Station account, New contact details with Atomhawk and nice reading list from their team, and my very own Artbook!

I was tasked to find a competition online and take part, this allowed me to choose my own brief, I chose to work on an environment piece  for Art station entitled Journey, At first I had the idea of creating a shop environment  filled with tools of the trade for an adventurer but the idea proved difficult.

So I changed my idea to see If I could make a contrasting utopia environment with a dystopian foreground, so the journey idea would be to make the foreground journey to get to the background.

I looked at many references and eventually sat down and just painted to see what would happen with the references in mind.



SWOT

Strengths
Amazing reading list from Atomhawk themselves, I also created a great art book that displays my work in a professional way, I was also able to create a piece of artwork that looks very different to what my work normally looks like, at least in subject matter, this helped me expand my artistic range.

Weaknesses
It took me a while to actually create the artwork as I kept bouncing around ideas, the original shop front idea would have been cool but I was having difficulty with the perspective, I feel like I could have used the 3D MAX trick but I was 100% convinced by the idea and I'd rather just do a painting.

Opportunities
The contact with Atomhawk is great hopefully I will be able to continue conversing with them and hopefully land an internship I would love to work amongst pros and learn more about the industry that way.

Threats
I rushed the painting really and feel like I could have done more with it, I must not do this any more in the future. the time sheet was helpful and it allowed me to create a steady workflow that allowed me to finish on time, but the painting I feel didn't come out as well as I had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment